„Der beste Weg, um sich aufzuheitern, ist, jemand anderen aufzuheitern“ – Mark Twain
“The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer somebody else up” – Mark Twain
February’s daily actions from ‘Action for Happiness Org’s’ calendars are based on the keys to Relating: Connect with people. The daily actions have been selected to help make yourself and others happier.
Related Work Actions include:
Action 6: Look for the good in those around you
Action 14: Help out a friend / colleague in need
Action 23: Really listen to what people are saying
Action 26: Ask others about the things that have gone well
Perhaps this coming month with work, you might;
- Organise a virtual ‘tea break’ with colleagues. Or if you are returning to your workplace, why not have a face-to-face morning tea (social distancing respected). I’ve organised one for tomorrow morning, to welcome a team mate who has not been able to fly down due to lock down until now. I hope they like their surprise.
- Focus on being kind rather than being right.
- Check in on someone who may be struggling & offer to help
- Actively listen to what people say, without judging them
- Show an active interest by asking questions when talking to others.
Where ever you are around the globe, I hope that the actions from this month’s calendar, will help support yours and others career management plans, selfcare and wellbeing throughout the coming month and beyond.
10 Keys of Happier Living
The first 5 keys (GREAT) relate to how we interact with the outside world. The 2nd 5 keys (DREAM) relate to us internally, and depend on our attitude to life.
G – Giving (Do things for others)
R – Relating (Connect with people)
E – Exercising (Take care of our body)
T – Trying Out (Keep learning new things)
D – Direction (Have goals to look forward to)
R – Resilience (Find ways to bounce back)
E – Emotions (Look for what’s good)
M – Meaning (Be part of something bigger)
You can get further information on related actions from the website link below:
Calendars are available in PDF & jpeg format in the following languages (what a great way to brush up or learn new language skills)