“Let’s look beyond our differences & help each other. Every act of kindness matters.” – Action for Happiness Org
December’s daily actions from ‘Action for Happiness Org’s’ calendars are all based on the key of Giving: Do things for others.
2020 has been a long year of rapid change and uncertainty for so many people who may have experienced anxiety, isolation, challenges with financial situations, health or relationships.
We may not be able to change our current situation, but we can choose how we respond to others and ourselves. I really like ‘The Resilience Projects’ G.E.M. – Gratitude, Empathy, Mindfulness. You can find out more about G.E.M. at The Resilience Project
One of the actions from the December calendar which I know I will be engaging in my work and personal life is ‘Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed’.
This action I personally believe is so important to making a difference to a person’s day and potentially their mental wellbeing. How easy has it been because of work/time pressures or other stressors throughout 2020, for us to have not supported each other and recognise these quiet achievements fully, no matter how big or small they are?
Where ever you are, I hope that the actions from this month’s calendar, will help support your career management plans, selfcare and wellbeing throughout the coming month and beyond.
Perhaps this coming month you might;
* Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are
* Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them
* Bring joy to others. Share something which made you laugh.
* Practice gratitude. List the kind things others have done for you.
* Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
* Let someone know how much you appreciate them and why.
Related actions are:
- Action 2 – Do kind things for others
- Action 12 – Volunteer your time, energy and skills
- Action 14 – Help out a friend in need
- Action 15 – Make something happen for a good cause
You can get further information on related actions from the website link below
Calendars are available in PDF & jpeg format in the following languages (what a great way to brush up or learn new language skills)